A2 Pinstripe 2 Helmet Mips
Ratings & Reviews
Awesome helmet, not the same as in the pictures.
Helmet is absolutely amazing. Only thing wrong that deserves 3 stars is the advertisement. Chin strap is navy blue not black like in the pictures. Makes a decision hard to make if the product is not the same as advertised.
Best of the best
by Austen C
This is the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned. Put it to the test a few times hitting the ground and it did the job! The helmet also breathes very well on hot days.
Best helmet I've ever owned. Great venting and protection. Spend money to protect your brain.
Improved fit for 2018
by Buckwheat Moses
One of the things I did not like about last year's A2 was the fixed turnbuckles on the chin strap. It needed more slack on the back and less on the front, because when the helmet is where it wants to sit on your head, the buckle was pushing back into your throat. For 2018, that has been made adjustable and the whole helmet feels like it fits better because the strap is not influencing the helmet to rotate back. And of course, TLD's graphics and finish are second to none.
by Mark Stover
This is my first mountain biking helmet, so I have nothing to compare it to, but its an incredible helmet. Insanely comfortable and seems to vent very well (its not real hot in Maine right now). Sizing seems to be spot on. I was right at the lower range of the M/L size and I do have to crank it down to just about its smaller limit. There is a ton of adjustments you can make to the helmet to get it to fit just right based on your preferences. Came with a sweet storage bag, bunch of stickers and a very good manual explaining the adjustments. My only complaint is that the pin striping and graphics look so good, I don't want to cover any up with GoPro mounts! Hopefully I will never have to test its durability and level of protection.
COOLER, FASTER in a PROTECTIVE package-the A2
The all-new for 2018-A2 helmet redefines mountain bike safety, style, comfort and ventilation. The first helmet in its class to combine EPP (for slow speed impacts) and EPS (for high speed impacts) in one sleek package, that will set a new benchmark for mountain bike helmets.
PATENTED BRAIN PROTECTION SYSTEM
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, it is a revolutionary technology that lets the helmet slide relative to the head, adding more protection against rotational violence to the brain caused by angled impacts.
A2 FUNCTIONAL FEATURES
- HUGE AIR INTAKES - 25% LARGER THAN A1 - CONNECTED TO MASSIVE EXHAUST PORTS THROUGH DEEP INTERNAL CHANNELS PROVIDE POWERFUL COOLING EFFICIENCY
- *NEW FOR 2018, UPDATED X-STATIC® PURE SILVER COMFORT LINER WITH MORE MATERIAL FOR COMFORT DELIVERS HIGH PERFORMANCE ODOR PROTECTION AND QUICK-DRY MOISTURE WICKING
SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY:
- MIPS BRAIN PROTECTION SYSTEM REDUCES ROTATIONAL FORCES TO THE BRAIN IN SOME CRASH SCENARIOS
- DUAL-DENSITY EPS CO-MOLDED WITH EPP FOR STATE-OF-THE-ART IMPACT ENERGY MANAGEMENT AT LOW AND HIGH CRASH SPEEDS AS WELL AS EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
- 16% MORE EPS+EPP IN THE FRONTAL LOBE AND RAISED EPS SPLINES PROVIDE MORE PROTECTION IN THE COMMON IMPACT ZONES
- AEROSPACE FILAMENT-REINFORCED POLYCARBONATE SHELL
- BREAK-AWAY ANODIZED ALUMINUM VISOR SCREWS
- REAR STABILIZER FIT SYSTEM WITH FLEXIBLE, SLIMLINE ARMS HAS 3-POSITION FRONT AND REAR LOCATIONS FOR A CUSTOM FIT
- EXPANDED FIELD OF VIEW WORKS WITH BOTH GOGGLES AND GLASSES – MULTIPLE STORAGE LOCATIONS FOR GLASSES
- *NEW FOR 2018 ADJUSTABLE STRAP DIVIDERS FOR A PERFECT FIT EVERY TIME
- FIT KIT
- VENTILATED HELMET STORAGE BAG
- STICKER KIT
- 3 YEAR WARRANTY
- 350 GRAMS ( SIZE M/L )
- MEETS OR EXCEEDS: CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078, AS NZ 2063:2008. Helmets that meet or exceed these certain standards are only available in their specific country