A2 Starburst Helmet Mips
COOLER, FASTER in a PROTECTIVE package-the A2
The all-new for 2018-A2 helmet redefines mountain bike safety, style, comfort and ventilation. The first helmet in its class to combine EPP (for slow speed impacts) and EPS (for high speed impacts) in one sleek package, that will set a new benchmark for mountain bike helmets.
PATENTED BRAIN PROTECTION SYSTEM
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, it is a revolutionary technology that lets the helmet slide relative to the head, adding more protection against rotational violence to the brain caused by angled impacts.
A2 FUNCTIONAL FEATURES
- HUGE AIR INTAKES - 25% LARGER THAN A1 - CONNECTED TO MASSIVE EXHAUST PORTS THROUGH DEEP INTERNAL CHANNELS PROVIDE POWERFUL COOLING EFFICIENCY
- *NEW FOR 2018, UPDATED X-STATIC® PURE SILVER COMFORT LINER WITH MORE MATERIAL FOR COMFORT DELIVERS HIGH PERFORMANCE ODOR PROTECTION AND QUICK-DRY MOISTURE WICKING
SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY:
- MIPS BRAIN PROTECTION SYSTEM REDUCES ROTATIONAL FORCES TO THE BRAIN IN SOME CRASH SCENARIOS
- DUAL-DENSITY EPS CO-MOLDED WITH EPP FOR STATE-OF-THE-ART IMPACT ENERGY MANAGEMENT AT LOW AND HIGH CRASH SPEEDS AS WELL AS EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
- 16% MORE EPS+EPP IN THE FRONTAL LOBE AND RAISED EPS SPLINES PROVIDE MORE PROTECTION IN THE COMMON IMPACT ZONES
- AEROSPACE FILAMENT-REINFORCED POLYCARBONATE SHELL
- BREAK-AWAY ANODIZED ALUMINUM VISOR SCREWS
- REAR STABILIZER FIT SYSTEM WITH FLEXIBLE, SLIMLINE ARMS HAS 3-POSITION FRONT AND REAR LOCATIONS FOR A CUSTOM FIT
- EXPANDED FIELD OF VIEW WORKS WITH BOTH GOGGLES AND GLASSES – MULTIPLE STORAGE LOCATIONS FOR GLASSES
- *NEW FOR 2018 ADJUSTABLE STRAP DIVIDERS FOR A PERFECT FIT EVERY TIME
- FIT KIT
- VENTILATED HELMET STORAGE BAG
- STICKER KIT
- 3 YEAR WARRANTY
- 350 GRAMS ( SIZE M/L )
- MEETS OR EXCEEDS: CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078, AS NZ 2063:2008. Helmets that meet or exceed these certain standards are only available in their specific country
A2 PRODUCT VIDEOS
A2 SIZING INFORMATION
|HELMET SIZE||HAT SIZE||CM||INCHES|
|XS/SM||6-3/4 to 7||54 to 57||21.3 to 22|
|MD/LG||7-1/8 tp 7-3/8||57 to 60||22.4 to 23.2|
|XL/XXL||7-1/2 tp 7-7/8||60 to 63||22.6 to 24.8|
Ratings & Reviews
Amazing helmet. Super comfortable, I wear the XL and even at that size I don't notice I'm wearing it. In SoCal, the added ventilation of the A2 is great. The paint scheme also looks pretty rad. IMO, totally worth the money for performance, looks and safety.
Great Helmet, Great Service
I love this helmet. It fits well, ventilates well, is very adjustable for fit, and, most of all, took a significant hit and I didn't even get a headache. The hit (against a tree) was hard enough that first thought that I was going to pay a price. It never happened.
<br>I sent TLD photos of the helmet and they readily agreed to replace it at a 30% discount off of the normal price. TLD has earned my business.